An increasing number of organizations in mining and heavy industry recognize the critical need for safety professionals, front-line leaders and mid-level managers to develop strong leadership and influence skills. This course has been designed specifically with these roles in mind. The course will be highly interactive and will engage participants in a dialogue about effective leadership and how to influence others in the workplace. A brain-based approach to managing one’s emotions, stress, focus and communication will be presented. Attendees will complete an online assessment prior to the course and receive a customized feedback report as to their leadership strengths and developmental opportunities at the event. Attendees do not have to be in a leadership position with direct reports to attend this course.
- Safety Professionals
- Front-line Leaders
- Mid-Level Leaders
- Anyone wanting to learn about the fundamentals of leadership.
- To develop strong influence & leadership skills
- To be able to take a brain based approach to managing emotions, stress, focus and communication
- Interactive dialogue encompassing:
- Communicating with individuals and teams
- Managing conflict
- Leading meetings and discussions
- Influencing others
- Managing stress
- Being self-aware
- Being aware of other's emotions
- Leading others
- Completion of an online assessment prior to the course and receiving a customized feedback report as to their leadership strengths and developmental opportunities.
- 2 Days; 8 am to 5 pm
- CSM training room at the EMCIS main office - 1600 Jackson St. Golden CO, 80401
- Please visit the EMCIS course registration page for registration information.
- Dr. Melanie Kinser
- Owner and founder of ThinkWyn, a consulting firm focused on leadership development and organizational change.
- She utilizes her background in psychology to engage leaders to enhance safety and to strengthen organizational culture. Dr. Kinser has designed and delivered leadership, safety and organizational change initiatives to universities, global organizations, businesses and non-profits. Dr. Kinser has extensive experience working with clients in Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Utilities, Healthcare and Nuclear. Dr. Kinser holds a Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Missouri - Columbia.