Annual Refresher - MSHA Part 48 Training
The Annual Refresher Course is an 8-hour course and fulfills MSHA’s Part 48 annual training requirement for anyone working at either a surface or underground mine. Upon completion of the course, students will receive an MSHA Form 5000-23 certifying that they have completed 8 hours of annual refresher training for surface, underground or both types of mines, dependent upon the designation indicated on the attendee’s original MSHA Form 5000-23.
- Individuals working in the mining industry.
- Identify hazards typically found at mines
- Utilize appropriate controls to minimize exposure to hazards
- Successfully don a self rescue device
- Hazard Communication
- First Aid
- Electrical Hazards / Lockout-Tagout / Arc Flash
- Mine Hazard Recognition and Accident Prevention
- Ventilation and Mine Gases
- Conveyor Guarding
- Self Rescue and Rescue Devices
- Emergency Evacuation / Refuge Chambers
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Transportation and Communications
- Ground Control (surface and underground)
- 1 day - 8 am to 5 pm
- EMCIS Main Office - CSM Training Room - 1600 Jackson St Golden, CO 80401
Course Enrollment Policies
All payment is now completed online via CASHNet. Please follow the link to registration and payment.
All course cancellations will be charged a $50 service fee. No refunds will be made to registrants who fail to cancel five (5) working days prior to course delivery. Sponsor cancelled courses will be given full refunds. Reservations may be transferred and substitutions may be made at any time without cost penalty.
Registration fee includes tuition, all course materials, and refreshment breaks.
Information regarding course location and directions will be sent to registrants upon receipt of registration form.
Registrants are responsible for making their own lodging and travel arrangements. Information on local accommodations will be provided upon receipt of registration form.
CSM reserves the right to cancel the course and return registration fees if enrollment is insufficient.