First Aid & CPR
- Those who wish to learn first aid and CPR for the first time
- Those who wish to refresh their existing first aid knowledge
- Teaching participants potentially lifesaving skills following American Heart Association and National EMS Training Standard guidelines.
- Lectures, hands-on, and interactive video demonstrations featuring emergency scenarios that are likely to occur in a variety of environments.
- First Aid Training
- Cut & scrapes
- Sudden illnesses
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Environmental emergencies
- CPR Training
- To AHA Basic Life Support(BLS) or Heartsaver Levels
- How to perform CPR and rescue breathing
- Care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults
- AED Training (Part of CPR)
- How to operate automated external defibrillators
- Variable by request
- CSM Training Room - EMCIS main office - 1600 Jackson St Golden, CO 80401
Please call the EMCIS office at (303)-384-2700 for registration information.
NOTE - We require a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 20 students per class.
For Your Information:
MSHA metal/nonmetal and coal standards require first aid training.
- 30 CFR 56/57.18010 requires that persons capable of providing first aid be available on all shifts, and first aid training shall be made available to all interested miners.
- 30 CFR 77.1703 requires that mine operators conduct first aid training courses for selected supervisory employees at the mine.
- 30 CFR 75.1713 requires that selected agents of the operator shall be trained in first aid and first aid training shall be made available to all miners.
Things to consider when determining compliance:
- Is a person present on each shift who has first aid training?
- Is the person's training up-to-date?
- Is the person trained in patient assessment, CPR, controlling bleeding, and in treating shock, wounds burns, and musculoskeletal injuries?
- Has first aid training been made available to all interested miners?